We have four standard finishes to choose from: rust, black, white and dark brown. Custom colors are available upon request but may be subject to an additional charge and require more processing time.
This is our original and most popular finish. It is a hand-finished and acrylic sealed rust patina that is achieved through our secret recipe of chemicals that speed along the oxidation process. Due to the nature of this medium and the hand-finish we provide, unique variations will occur. Please note, continued rusting will occur, the sealant used will slow the process but will not eliminate it.
We have designed our plaques, planters and mailboxes with the protection of your wall in mind. Our wall-mounted designs limit the amount of exposure the metal has with your wall. Small square tubing runs along the back edge(s) keeping the planter/plaque from lying directly on the wall. Silicone ‘bumpers’ are provided where the metal touches the wall and we treat our hangers with a painted anti-rust finish to further prevent any rust stains.
This is a powder coated matte black finish with a slight texture. It blends well with any style or decor and stands up to the elements.
This is a powder coated pure white finish. It is sleek, glossy, and will stand up to the elements.
This is a powder coated dark chocolate brown finish. It has a matte finish and contains subtle light brown flecks. It looks great with bronze fixtures and will stand up to the elements.
Magnetic Number Finishes:
Our 100% aluminum numbers come in two finishes and fonts:
- Modern brushed aluminum in a clean and simple font
- Mid-century modern brass in 'futura' font. These numbers are also aluminum but have been powder coated a soft brass (gold tone) color.
- You will receive detailed installation instructions with your order.
- Our wall-based plaques and planters are very simple to install. Each order receives a custom metal hanger that should be installed with two anchors/screws into your desired substrate. We provide generic screws and anchors that are great for gypsum board, wood, siding, etc.. but recommend you purchase special masonry screws if you are installing into concrete, stucco, brick, rock, etc.. These can be picked up at your local hardware store.
- The back of each Urban Mettle wall-based product has a metal "lip" that easily slides onto the hanger. Here's an image showing the hanger and back of plaque for reference: