Met-tle (noun) - staying quality : stamina <equipment that proved its mettle>
Will these magnetic numbers hold?
YES! They are backed with super strong neodymium magnets that are about 10x stronger than regular refrigerator magnets so they hold tight to our steel products and stay put in any weather condition.
Do you have letters too?
Sure do! Here's what we have readily available, if you need something special, just ask:
- Silver and Brass Magnets: All numbers (0-9), A, B, C, #, and an arrow.
- Steel Numbers / Letters: All numbers (0-9), A,B, & C
Will the rust finish stain my house?
We have designed our plaques, planters and mailboxes to prevent wall stains. Our wall-mounted designs limit the amount of exposure the metal has with your wall. Small 1/2" square tubing runs along the back edge(s) keeping the planter/plaque from lying directly on the wall. Silicone ‘bumpers’ are provided where the metal touches the wall and we treat our hangers with a painted anti-rust finish to further prevent any rust stains.
Will your powder coated finishes rust?
Steel is prone to rust when exposed to the elements but a powder coated finish is the best protection for steel on the market. A polyester or epoxy powder is applied to the metal and it is then heated to fuse into a protective layer. These finishes should last many years but if you are in a very wet or coastal area, this may decrease the longevity of this finish.
Is it easy to install?
YES! Those pesky individual numbers on pins or stand-offs are not easy to install, require you to drill quite a few holes in your home, and typically end up being crooked in the end. All of our designs only require two screws and a level and are very easy to install in any material (stone, brick, siding, concrete, stucco, etc..)
- All shipping on our site is FREE!
- Each of our products is 100% handmade in Texas and generally ships within 1-2 weeks.
- Orders ship via UPS Ground or USPS Priority Mail for all Continental US orders. We cannot honor free shipping for Alaska, Hawaii, or any location outside the Continental US. Please contact us for a quote if you live outside of the US.
- Please allow 3-7 business days after shipment to receive your order.
- If you change your mind, please let us know within an hour of placing your order. In the case of custom plaques with numbers cut from metal, once these are cut, your order is non-refundable.
Returns & Exchanges:
- Exchanges are permitted if you receive your order and it has been damaged or if you wish to receive another product from our site. You must contact us within 48 hours of receiving your package to be eligible for an exchange. Please include your order number and a photo of the damage if applicable. If the product arrives damaged, we will exchange it free of charge. If you decide you want to exchange for another product, all shipping charges will be your responsibility.
- Returns are permitted on most products but we must receive prior notice of your return no later than 48 hours after the delivery of your package. All returns must be shipped to us no later than 15 days after your receive your package and in original condition. All return shipping charges are the responsibility of the customer. Urban Mettle cannot exchange or issue a refund for merchandise that is damaged during shipping. It it very important that you wrap and package your return or exchange properly to avoid any issues. Since all products on our site ship free, Urban Mettle will charge a standard $25 restocking fee on any return order.
- Any product with address numbers that are welded on or cut out of metal are FINAL SALE only.
- All refunds will be applied back to the credit card used for purchase.
- All our 100% aluminum address numbers are magnetic. We back them with neodymium (rare earth) magnets so they are very strong and will stay put in all weather conditions. Please use extreme caution when handling these strong magnets as they can destroy laptops, cell phones and credit cards. These magnets are fragile and can be a hazard if dropped due to fragments flying in your eyes. Persons with pacemakers should use caution when handling these magnets.
- Our magnetic numbers are made of aluminum and have been powder coated in a soft silver or brass finish for extra durability.
- Since they are magnetic and therefore, movable, have fun and arrange them however you want!
- If you move, simply come back to our shop and order new address numbers.
- Clean metal with a dry or damp microfiber cloth using water only. Harsh chemicals can damage the finish.
- If your planter, mailbox or plaque is finished with a rust patina (not the powder coated finish), you can help protect it from the elements and further rusting by periodically spraying with a high quality matte sealant. We recommend GJ Nikolas 8321. (available for purchase at sculpturedepot.net) Make sure you clean the metal thoroughly before applying the sealer. We seal with two to three coats before shipping to you. We've received feedback that the rustoleum brand can leave a 'milky' finish so we do not recommend this brand.
- Fill the bottom of the planter (about 0.5”-1”) with gravel to prevent water accumulation from damaging the roots.
- Use a nutrient rich potting soil.
- Feed plants once a quarter with miracle grow.
- Water succulents sparingly. Make sure the dirt is completely dry before watering again (approx. once every two weeks depending on your climate).
If you have any other questions, please feel free to contact us.